Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two For The Road(side)

Slapped together some stands for the billboards.  The ads were designed and printed on a standard printer then glued to each side of a...whatever you call that thick cardstock they use for mounting artwork.  It's roughly 2mm thick and makes a great backing and decent stands for the billboards.  You can get 8x10 sheets for a buck at the local framing shop.

Those are 20mm figs for scale.
For the boards themselves, I hot glued bamboo skewers cut to size around the cardstock.  I drilled four small holes in the base to give them a little more stability.  These will look better once I paint the wood frames and gussy up the stands a bit.  Think I'll wait until I'm done with the roads first, though - I want to try and match the stands to my terrain boards to make the transition as seamless as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Given the failure of the spam filters recently, we're going full Moderation on comments. Apologies for the trouble.