Sunday, June 12, 2011

Big Time Terrain

One of the things that I'm trying to do with my wargaming is keep everything compact.  This post details one of the reasons for that.

When I jumped back into the hobby, I really didn't look very hard.  I just bought up a couple sheets of foamcore and a handful of 12" by 12" MDF boards and started slapping together an urban scaffolding network.  The last big project that I worked on before the hiatus was a Necromunda tabletop, and I thought it would be nice to make a modular cityscape.

No big surprises here.  So far I've got nine boards with buildings up to three stories tall.  The sidewalks are cereal box, the hedges green kitchen scrubbers, and the pump station in the back is two light switch boxes with bits of piping glued to them.

The terrain is nice, but I just don't room for it all.  Even boxed up, it takes up way more storage space than I like.

Which leaves me with the classic dilemma.  Do I bail now, or see it through to the end, knowing that I'll have to part ways with it moments after giving birth?

No decision need be made for a few weeks, so for now I'll just keep plugging away at it.  Worst case scenario, I can sell it to make enough money to fund my next small box project.

1 comment:

  1. Cool,stuff. I love that the materials are simple and everyday stuff you'd find. It's a big help to me to make my arena. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Given the failure of the spam filters recently, we're going full Moderation on comments. Apologies for the trouble.