[Note to self: Craft board 3mm thick is so thin it warps no matter how long you press it. Also, it doesn't work with the colony you built on 5mm thick craft board. Back to the hardware store for me.]
In the meantime, here is the home base for the 10mm colonists and marines, built entirely out of found items.
For your inspiration, here's a list of what became what:
- The three small hab modules consist of 15mm tall plastic lids with the tops of dishwashing soap containers glued on top.
- The top of the round two story building is likewise a dishsoap cap. The middle (UFO-shaped) part of that building is an empty car freshener, and the base is two empty tape dispenser rolls.
- The garage is the plastic container for a printer ink cartridge capped with a superglue lid (smokestack) and toy dispender dome. The radio dish and other machinery attached to the garage is parts from a cut up action figure assault rifle.
- The security perimeter is disposable razor handles and more round caps from...long story short, they're found items.
- Windows and doors are cereal box cardboard, and cables are pieces of bamboo skewer.
- The rocks are rocks. Driveway gravel to be precise. Sometimes you can't beat nature.